During this time of crisis, data is more critical than ever. It informs everything from strategic decision making to advocacy, media and stakeholder outreach. Most importantly, collecting input and sharing findings with CSAE members is a vital touchstone. During this pandemic, CSAE welcomes the spirit of collaborative support and the valuable contributions of our official research partner, The Portage Group, as well as Bramm Research Inc.
COVID-19 Impact Survey
Thank you to members who provided input on a recent survey, by Bramm Research regarding initial perceptions of the impact of COVID-19 on their operations. The full report is available here and a visual summary of the study can be found below and through this link.
- Over one-third of respondents anticipate having to lay off staff over the next three months
- 55% reported they are certain they will be viable for 12 months or less
- 66% of respondents reported having canceled or delayed in-person member education, 58% canceled or delayed a conference
- 56% of organizations that canceled events due to COVID-19 lost revenue from those cancelations
- On average, members indicated that 20% of their annual revenues would be lost as a result
- The average predicted loss over the next six months is approximately $370K ($370,874). This amount is more than double amongst trade and industry associations ($826,662).
- Approximately two-thirds of organizations (64%) also had to cancel or delay other activities. The highest portion of cancelations/delays of other activities was among foundations/charities (77%), and associations with an operating budget over $2M (78%).
The Pulse – Monthly update launching the week of April 20
CSAE’s official research partner, The Portage Group (TPG), plans to support Canadian associations through a new monthly survey, titled The Pulse, containing relevant and reliable data to help associations make better decisions in the coming weeks and months. It will include monthly updates to inform how the association sector is being impacted by COVID-19 and what organizations are doing to navigate these turbulent times. The Pulse will track key metrics in the areas of:
- Programs and services
- & more
The first Pulse survey will launch shortly and we encourage your association to participate. The reports will be made available at no cost.